Our most frequently asked questions are below. If you still have a query, please get in touch now.
- What do you sell?
We specialise in remote furniture and car sales, however we do also sell high-end technology, jewellery and watches. We no longer sell clothing or accessories.
- How much does the service cost me?
We simply take off a small cut of the final sales price after all eBay or other sales channel has taken their respective commission. Please see our pricing page here. We never ask for any payment upfront: instead all charges are simply deducted before we make your payment to you.
- Can you pick up my items?
Yes we can collect all small items. We do not collect furniture or cars: these are sold remotely.
- What happens if you don’t sell my item?
If an item is not sold after 4 listing periods (implying no market demand at listed pricing), the listing will be removed or revised.
- Is there a minimum value?
Yes. Each individual item (in its current condition) must have a current market value of at least £50.00.
- What category of item sells well?
Top categories with the strongest market demand are Technology; Cars; Branded Furniture; Branded Jewellery; Branded Watches.
- What kind of item does not make much money?
As a general rule of thumb, if your item is unbranded or without any label or history, the demand will be limited therefore the attainable price will be relatively low.
- Do you sell antiques or paintings, and if so do you offer valuations?
Yes, we are happy to sell both antiques and paintings. Valuations can be carried out by our professional Sotheby’s and Christie’s valuers at valuemystuff. Valuations incur a small fee per item.
- How soon can you pick up my item?
Where a pick-up has been agreed upon we will aim to pick up your items within a few days, at the most convenient time for you.
- How long will it take for you to sell my items?
Once we have your items you need to allow a period of approximately 2 weeks before your item is sold.
- Can I be paid by wire transfer?
Yes, this is the standard method of payment. Cheque payments are possible upon demand but subject to a surcharge.
- Can I get any money upfront before the sale?
No we only pay out following completed transactions.
- Can I track the progress of sale of my item online?
Yes we can provide a link so that you can track its progress through the auction.
- If I have a lot of items to sell do you offer favourable terms?
Yes, we are always open to negotiation, especially if you are a business wanting to offload a large number of items.